Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Super 8 Stories

  1. #11
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cameraguy, That is EXCELLENT advice about carrying around Double-AA batteries AND PX-625 batteries when bargain hunting.

    That advice alone is worth another topic post...(Tips when Bargain Hunting for Super-8 Cameras) feel free to start the topic if you like.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 31, 2002 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  2. #12
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by 8th Man:
    I plan on hitting some garage sales this summer and I know I'll run across a few S8 cams here and there, however the real trick is to find one in clean working order.Most folks having a yard sale probably don't think these cameras are worth all that much. I searched a lot of pawn shops last Christmas and found absolutely nothing in Super 8. Buyers at those shops think they're worth less than a VHS video camera from 1983. That's OK by me. It leaves a better chance at running across somthing interesting myself./QUOTE]


    Choose one if you will....lets say there is a website for Garage Sales, and one of us posts that Super-8 Cameras are making a comeback, DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY...

    The good news is, we may save thousands of Super-8 cameras from being thrown away....the bad news it could marginally increase the value and sell price placed on the Super-8 Cameras...

    Question A, does anyone know of a good "Garage Sale, Rummage Sales" Internet set to post on?

    and Question B, is it a greater good to make sure Super-8 Cameras are not needlessly thrown away by posting information about the cameras on "Rummage Sale" Internet sites...(assuming that they exist) even if it means the Super-8 cameras are priced higher as a result?

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 31, 2002 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  3. #13
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I was videotaping in Los Angeles for a client...we were filming on Broadway Street in Downtown LA, doing a shot from our moving van when lo and behold, amidst the hustle and bustle of several hundred to a few thousand pedestrians, I saw someone shooting with a Super-8 Camera on the sidewalk!

    Gotta sharpen my Super-8 Recognition Skills, I could not make out the make or model of the camera as we drove by, but it definitely was a Super-8 Camera.

  4. #14
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just thought I'd kick this back up to the top.

  5. #15
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey 8th man, I remember your stories about finding American movies in China with the art work changed, (or something like that).

    I also remember you being pissed off over my ebay adventure, other than that, you've been a stranger to this forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •